Get Out: Things To Do This Weekend
Cheer on local basketball teams, see a concert or support neighborhood events this weekend.
Looking for something to do this weekend? Patch has you covered.
Support your high school basketball teams
- The Druid Hills High School boys and girls basketball teams host Grady High School Friday night. The girls game starts at 5:30 p.m. and the boys tip off at 7 p.m.
- Druid Hills will host Mount Pisgah Saturday evening at 5:30 and 7 p.m.. Grady will host Woodward Academy Saturday afternoon. The girls tip off at 2:30 p.m. and the boys take the court at 4 p.m.
Enjoy live music
- Sandra Hall and & The Shadows will take the stage at Blind Willie’s for the second time this month. The show will start around 9 p.m. and cover charge is $12.
- Emo-rockers Hellogoodbye will pay a visit to The Masquerade Sunday night. Tickets are $15 in advance. The show starts at 6:30 p.m.
- If The Drunken Unicorn is more your scene, check out their line-up for Friday and Saturday night. Tickets are $6 Friday night and $5 Saturday night. Doors open both nights at 9 p.m.
Catch a classic movie at The Plaza
- The Plaza Theatre on Ponce features a midnight showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show Friday nights at midnight. Tickets are $8 cash or $9 if you’re using a credit card. Tickets go on sale at 11 p.m.
- In the mood for a classic horror film? Frankenstein will be screened at The Plaza Saturday. Show times are 1 p.m. and 10 p.m. Tickets are $10 for both shows. Kids under 12 years old get into the matinee show free of charge. The 30-minute Silver Scream Spook Show, a live performance featuring magic tricks and dance numbers, will proceed the movie screening.
Get out around the neighborhood
- Atlanta Activewear offers free Yoga classes for adults on Saturday mornings. Bring your own yoga mat, towel and water. Mats and towels are also available for purchase. Class begins at 9:00am
- Enjoy local brews as well as a selection of brews from around the country at the Atlanta Winter Beer Festival at the Masquerade Saturday night. Tickets are $30. The event begins at 5 p.m.
- Wear your Snuggie, robe, blanket, costume - any outfit that will keep you warm and snug during the 2nd annual Atlanta Snuggie Pub Crawl.The pub crawl will feature pubs on the South Highland business strip from Neighbors Pub to Diesel. To receive your wristband for admission to the venues, food and drink specials and a raffle, register at the Dark Horse Tavern between 1pm and 7pm. A portion of proceeds from this event benefits Small Dog Rescue and Humane Society.