News Nearby: Briarcliff Area Suffers Rash of Auto Break-Ins
The majority of break-ins occurred Monday evening.
Thieves committed a large rash of auto break-ins throughout the Briarcliff area earlier this week – almost all of them on Monday – DeKalb County police said.
The first rash occurred Monday evening around the interection of Briarcliff and Briarlake roads near Lakeside High School:
- 2600 block of Sunrise Drive at 5 p.m. Monday;
- 2100 block of Briarlake Trace at 7 p.m. Monday;
- 2600 block of Sunrise Drive at 11 p.m. Monday;
- 2200 block of Shasta Way at 11:30 p.m. Monday.
A home burglary was also reported earlier that morning in the 2100 block of Shasta Way.
Another rash occurred farther north along Briarcliff Road, mostly on the same day. Those auto break-ins are:
- 2600 block of Havermill Way at 10 a.m. Saturday;
- 3100 block of Smokecreek Court at 8 p.m. Monday;
- 3100 block of Sugarplum Road at 9 p.m. Monday;
- 2900 block of Applewood Court at 10:30 p.m. Monday;
- 2600 block of Cravey Drive at 12 a.m. Tuesday;
- 3300 block of Henderson Creek Road at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Protect yourself during the holiday season by making sure you don't leave valuables in your vehicle.
APD arrests flashlight wielding trio of car burglars.