Watch the Oscars or Nominees in VaHi
Check out local Oscars watching parties or just the Best Picture nominees in and around VaHi, and take our poll to let us know which films should win the major categories.
It’s the Big Night, the 85th Academy Awards. Atlanta may not be exactly Hollywood, but you can still get a taste of the Oscars by watching the Best Picture nominees at local theatres, like UA Tara Cinemas. You can also walk the red carpet and watch the live show at local watch parties.
Patch has rounded up a handful that we’ve found:
- Amsterdam Atlanta’s Red Carpet pre-show viewing begins at 2 p.m. The main party kicks off at 6 p.m. where they will be showing the live show on 16 screens. No cover. Guests can participate in a ballot contest.
- 10th & Piedmont’s party begins at 6:30 p.m. Make sure to take advantage of several specials, including: “Les Misérables” French onion soup with house-made croutons and Swiss cheese for $6.50, golden fried chicken with buttermilk mashed potatoes, fried corn and house-made pepper gravy for $12 and $3 champagne! Full details
- David Atlanta is hosting its inaugural Oscar viewing party at Ten Atlanta from 6 p.m. to midnight. Proceeds from the event will benefit Out on Film, Atlanta’s LGBT Film Festival. General admission tickets are $20 and a limited number of VIP tickets are available for $50. Full details
- Ri Ra Irish Restaurant will have popcorn, champagne, red carpet, music and lots of fun starting at 5 p.m. RSVP now at XXX@The2econdFloor.com. Full details
- Eclectic Bistro & Bar will begin its Oscars party at 7 p.m. and will have Best Picture nominee-inspired specials. Walk the Red Carpet, enjoy Oscar Cocktails, enter the Oscar ballot for a chance to win great prices and watch the Oscars in a fun atmosphere together with friends! Full details
Where will you watch the 85th Academy Awards on Sunday? Tell us in the comments below and vote for your favorites in our poll.