Taqueria del Sol Semifinalist for James Beard Foundation Award
Also, The Porter Beer Bar made the cut as a semifinalist for the country's most Outstanding Bar Program.
The James Beard Foundation– a nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering a deeper understanding of America’s culinary culture– has announced the semifinalists for its 2013 Restaurant and Chef Awards, and Taqueria del Sol's restauranteurs were noted for their greatness.
Mike Klank and Eddie Hernandez of Taqueria del Sol, with a location on Cheshire Bridge and one on Howell Mill Road, were named as semifinalists in the Outstanding Restauranteur category, along with Chef Ford Fry of Westside’s The Optimist and JCT. Kitchen and Decatur’s No. 246.
Other Atlanta-area restaurants and chefs JBF semifinalists include:
- Holeman & Finch Public House, Outstanding Bar Program
- The Porter Beer Bar, Outstanding Bar Program
- Bacchanalia, Outstanding Service
- Anne Quatrano of Bacchanalia, Outstanding Chef
- Aaron Russell of Buckhead’s Restaurant Eugene, Outstanding Pastry Chef
- Miller Union's Steven Satterfield, Best Chef in Southeast
- Billy Allin of Decatur’s Cakes & Ale, Best Chef in Southeast
- Todd Richards of The Shed at Glenwood, Best Chef in Southeast
Westside’s Cardamom Hill was the only Atlanta restaurant to be recognized as one of the country’s best new restaurants.
The 2013 James Beard Foundation Award nominees will be announced on March 18, and the JBF Awards will be presented in New York City in May 3 and 6.