Patch is looking for bloggers who live, work or are simply interested in happenings in the neighborhood, which includes Virginia-Highland, Poncey-Highland, Morningside, Lenox Park, Druid Hills and Lindridge Martin Manor.
Let Patch know if you are any of the following, who is looking for a platform and forum to reach the community:
- Passionate about the core issues in your neighborhood
- An expert craftsman or hobbyist who can share do-it-yourself tips
- Involved in a community group or sports team
- A musician, live music fan, or local artist
- A teacher or college professor
- A parent, grandparent or student
- A local business owner or expert
- Fashion, food, crafts, sports, or other type of enthusiast
- Volunteer or Nonprofit Worker
- Health and fitness expert
- A local sports fan
- Or, someone with a connection to the neighborhood who wants to express your thoughts, opinions, rants, raves, jokes, and commentary on topics you are interested in
This isn't a reporting job. It's blogging. You write what you want to say when you want to say it. Do it on your schedule, whether that's posting multiple entries per day or a couple times a month.
Patch won't own what you post, so you can repost your entries to your other blogs. Much like The Huffington Post has done, Patch is providing local bloggers an online platform to have their words seen by a larger audience.
If you'd like to chat about the opportunity to share your voice with our readers, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up directly on the site.