Craving a juicy burger? We know there are many great places in Virginia-Highland to enjoy meaty and creative burgers. This week, Patch Picks highlights a few of the options in the neighborhood.
- A neighborhood staple since 1961, serves up arguably one of the best burgers in the neighborhood. Whether you're in the mood for "Burger Burger" — the original plain ole burger that "started it all" — or more adventorous options such as the Jalapeño Dijon Burger or the Mexican Burger, George's has it all. They offer 12 burger options served with fries and four non-beef options, which includes a house made veggie, turkey and black bean burgers. Whichever burger you choose, try the onion rings alongside-- you won't be disappointed.
- Named by Bon Appetit as "one of their favorite burger spots in America," serves up organic and natural beef, turkey and veggie burgers and chicken sandwiches. Customers choose their bread — southern white, whole wheat or gluten-free white — toppings and sauces, which range from "Yeah! Sauce" to "Mississippi Mop BBQ." The 15 sauces range in variety from bbq, to relish to the "Bacon Jam." Don't forget to add hand-cut fries to round out your made-to-order meal.
- Another Virginia-Highland staple, , has been serving up delicious meals since 1983 — it began as a deli in 1922. You can't go wrong with anything you order on the menu, but the burgers stand out as one of the best in the neighborhood. If you prefer just the beef and a few toppings, go for the "The Park Burger." In the mood for breakfast? Try the "Breakfast Burger," your choice of meat topped with bacon, cheese and a sunnyside up egg. Other options include "The Amigo Burger," "The Cowboy" and "The Southern Burger."
- , the neighborhood steakhouse known for great cocktails and delicious food, serves up the "Award Winning Tap Steak Burger," a 10 ounce beef burger with all the fixings. If you're not in the mood for the full burger, try the "Mini Tap Steak Burger," which is half the size. Feeling more adventourous? The "Bison & Buffalo Burger" may be just what your taste buds are craving.
- makes it easy to create your own juicy burger, just how you like it. "Make Your Own" Burger by choosing three toppings off the long list of choices-- cheddar, swiss, blue cheese, roasted red peppers, kraut, hot pepper relish,tomato goat cheese, mozzarella, grilled onions, onion straws, sautéed ‘shrooms, bacon, chili, slaw and poached egg. Indecive folks — I recommend thinking about your order beforehand.