Readers, on Monday we asked you where you like to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, and you shared your favorites with us.
Today, we offer you a roundup of the places that readers judged to be the best for green beer and other forms of revelry. As you’ll see, this annual celebration of all things Irish has gotten so popular that several non-Irish establishments rank among the best places to go:
- In Sandy Springs, Meehan’s is the . Their daylong party kicked off at 9 a.m.
- In Buckhead, readers chose , known for its St. Patrick's street fair on Buckhead Avenue.
- Midtown Patch readers selected Atlantic Station’s ‘ShamRock the Station’ as the best place to celebrate.
- Smyrna-Vinings readers said their favorite St. Paddy’s party is the Smyrna St. Patrick’s Day Festival at Market Village.
- won the South Cobb Patch Readers' Choice poll.
- The , an East Atlanta stalwart, beat out all other bars in East Atlanta Patch as the place to be for St. Patrick's Day.
- was chosen by Cascade readers as the community's top place to hoist a pint.
- In the Dunwoody community, readers gave the nod to Dunwoody Tavern.
- Brookhaven area readers chose .
- In the North Druid Hills-Briarcliff area, was the readers’ favorite.
- was voted the best place to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Virginia-Highland/Druid Hills, besting , which is reputed to be the oldest Irish pub in Atlanta.
- And in the Decatur-Avondale Estates area, was chosen as the best place to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
Did we leave out your favorite Irish bar or festival? Let us know in the comments area below.