Here are five things to do in the coming week, but for a full list of possibilities, go to the Patch calendar of events.
1. Producing a radio play. Designed for the novice radio play producer, this workshop will focus on the difference between writing a radio play and a stage play, making sound effects, budgeting and other best practices. 7 p.m. Monday at Emory University, 1256 Briarcliff Rd NE, Atlanta. Free.
2. Wedding cost saving strategies. This workshop demonstrates how to plan a dream wedding at a reasonable price by using creativity and research. 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the . Free.
3. Shearith Israel Shelter 2013 Theatre Nights. The Shearith Israel Shelter is partnering with Fabrefaction Theatre to present Neil Simon’s “The Odd Couple” to raise funds to serve Atlanta’s homeless women. 8 p.m. Wednesday at 999 Brady Ave NW, Atlanta. $25.
4. Atlanta Dance marathon. Participants will stay on their feet for 13.1 hours to raise money for the patients at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Proceeds will benefit Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. 8:45 a.m. Saturday at the Callanwolde Fine Arts Center, 980 Briarcliff Road NE, Atlanta. Free.
5. “Cannery Row” miniature book-in-a-can opening. Emory University’s library will host this unusual book art event – the opening of a shrimp can that contains a miniature illustrated excerpt of John Steinbeck’s “Cannery Row.” 5 p.m. Sunday at Robert W. Woodruff Library at Emory University, 540 Asbury Circle. Free.