Too Much Candy? Donate Some to the Troops!

Several area dentists are collecting candy to send to US military personnel. Here's how you can donate.


Did your kids come home with too much candy? Did you end up buying more than you needed for the trick or treaters on your street?

You can donate your surplus at several local dental offices which will arrange for the goodies to be sent to US service members. Many will offer kids a little cash, dental hygiene 'goody bags,' coupons or other items as part of the Halloween Candy Buyback.

Here's a list of participating dentists nearby. Call before you go to make sure they're still able to accept donations:

Clairmont Dental Care
1275 McConnell Drive, Suite G
Decatur, GA, 30033
Phone: 404-325-7664
Email: drkagilbert@gmail.com

Siegel and Dolt Comprehensive Dental Care
2751 Buford Hwy NE
ATLANTA, GA, 30324
Phone: (404) 634-1277
Email: laura@siegelanddolt.com

Atlanta Dental Spa
3189 Maple Drive
Atlanta, GA, 30305
Phone: (770) 998-3838
Email: susanestep@gmail.com

Dr. Carol Wolff
3131 Maple Drive
Atlanta, GA, 30305
Phone: (404) 237-0497
Email: dr@drcarolwolff.com

John Wolfinger November 05, 2012 at 10:41 AM
There is a much closer place to get rid of your left-over Halloween candy. Worthmore Jewelers at Amsterdam Walk has a program to collect candy and send it on to overseas troops. www.worthmorejewelers.com for store hours. I was there Sunday afternoon and they have a big pile of candy collected already.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »