- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 medium stalks celery, diced (1/4-inch)
- 2 medium carrots, diced (1/4-inch)
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced (1/4-inch)
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced (1/4-inch)
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced (1/4-inch)
- 1 cup sliced Radicchio
- 1 cup sliced arugula, any tough stems removed
- 1 cup thinly sliced napa, Savoy or other soft cabbage
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Whisk vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper in a large salad bowl until well combined.
- Add celery, carrots and bell pepper to the vinaigrette. Let marinate for at least 10 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Add apple, cucumber, radicchio, arugula and cabbage to the bowl; toss to coat. Add goat cheese and almonds and toss to combine.
Jason Apple is the author of Kitchen Man Can, a food blog in Atlanta. Read more recipies and reviews at kitchenmancan.com.