The Georgia Tech student injured in an explosion in his Midtown apartment last month died Thursday, WXIA TV reports.
Saamer Akhshabi suffered third-degree burns over 90 percent of his body in the Feb. 4 incident. Lighter fluid and a charred pillow and mattress were found inside the apartment, along with an apparent Molotov cocktail and several plastic bottles filled with gasoline and kerosene.
Akhshabi died early Thursday. An autopsy will be performed to determine if he died as a result of his burns or of organ failure.
Akhshabi was native of Iran. He graduated in 2009 from the University of Tehran with a B.S. in computer engineering, according to Georgia Tech.
Investigators took three laptops, three cellphones, two jump drives and homemade movies from Akhshabi's apartment, WSB TV reported. The FBI is involved in the investigation.