The on Saturday in their first home game of the season. Here's a sampling of pre-game coverage:
- Augusta Chronicle columnist Scott Michaux writes about the Bulldogs trying to shake the negative vibe from last week's loss to Boise State. As for this week and Coach Mark Richt's future, Michaux writes, "Anything short of a victory will raise hysteria to a level that drowns out any rational debate."
- Russ Wheless of Bleacher Report offers "11 Urgent Steps UGA Must Take to Stay in the Race."
- An Atlanta Journal-Constitution story focuses on wide receiver Tavarres King, noting that he's already put the Boise State game behind him.
- The Athens Banner-Herald's Marc Weiszer writes about offensive lineman Dallas Lee, who will be making his first college start Saturday after suffering a respiratory illness last season.
- The Washington Post profiles South Carolina's starting quarterback, Stephen Garcia.
- UGA's student newspaper, The Red & Black analyzes the game's key matchups.
- USC's student paper, The Daily Gamecock, offers a gallery of coverage, including a chat with the Red & Black's sports editor, who expects a South Carolina rout.
- Patch editors and contributors .