Got some local school news? Share it here in our VaHi-Druid Hills School News space!
The Atlanta Board of Education has unanimously voted to elect Courtney D. English as its new chairman and Nancy M. Meister as vice chairwoman.
The posts are each two-year terms.
elections were held Monday afternoon during the board meeting, where
six new members and three returning members were sworn into office to
serve four-year terms. The new and returning members of the Atlanta
Board of Education are:
- Leslie Grant, District 1
- Byron D. Amos (incumbent), District 2
- Matt Westmoreland, District 3
- Nancy M. Meister, Vice Chairwoman (incumbent), District 4
- Steven Lee, District 5
- Eshé P. Collins, District 6
- Courtney D. English, Chair (incumbent), At-Large Seat 7, Districts 1 and 2
- Cynthia Briscoe Brown, At-Large Seat 8, Districts 3 and 4
- Jason F. Esteves, At-Large Seat 9, Districts 5 and 6