Emory University Hospital began as the Wesley Memorial Hospital in Downtown Atlanta in 1904 with just 50 beds. The hospital expanded to the current Druid Hills site in 1922 and was re-named Emory University Hospital in the mid-1930s.
The hospital is staffed by Emory University School of Medicine faculty and is affiliated with Emory Healthcare, Emory University Hospital Midtown, The Emory Clinic, Wesley Woods Center, Emory Children's Center, The Winship Cancer Institute and Emory University Orthopaedics and Spine Hospital.
The mission of the hospital is "to serve humanity by improving health: Making People Healthy."
- Hours: Daily, 24 hours
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1904
- Parking: Paid lot, Valet
- Number of beds: 587
- Type: University
- Features: Cafeteria, Chapel, Gift/flower shop, Valet parking
- Departments: Cardiology, Intensive care unit, Neurology, Orthopedic services, Radiology, Rehabilitation services, Surgery
- Visiting hours: Daily, 9am - 9pm